Are you on a roll 😎?
Fajita Steak Rolls
1 onion, sliced
1 tablespoon garlic
½ cup green bell pepper
½ cup red bell pepper
½ cup yellow bell pepper
Salt, to taste
½ teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon paprika
⅛ teaspoon cayenne
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1½ pound flank steak, thinly sliced
½ cup monterey jack cheese
Longer wooden toothpicks or cut wooden skewers
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F/180˚C.
2. In a bit of oil, saute onion, garlic and bell peppers, until soft.
3. Combine chili powder, paprika, cayenne, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a dish and use to season the flank steak on both sides.
4. Lay the steak flat on a cutting board with the grain running up and down.
5. Place sauteed onions & peppers in the middle of the steak, leaving an inch or so on both ends.
6. Cover the onions & peppers with a layer or monterey jack cheese.
7. Tightly roll up the meat from left to right, this will ensure that you will be cutting against the grain when you cut the meat.
8. Stick toothpicks through the sides of the roll to help them hold their shape and use a sharp knife to cut in between the toothpicks.
9. In an oven safe skillet, cook over high heat until a nice crust has developed and flip. Repeat with the other side
10. Bake for 10 minutes, or until cooked to your preference.